I like to get
to know the personal side of the health counselors who support my
health. So, I thought I'd let you in on a few secrets about me!
Fun Facts about Christi
- In January 2009, we welcomed our second baby boy to the family - Henry Christopher. He is not only an amazing baby (charismatic, playful, smiley, athletic, and loud!), but he also helped me create a truly transformational healing experience during his birth. He was born in a birth tub in my office here at home, at the tail end of a giant snowstorm. I got to pull him out from under the water as soon as he was born, and spend the first few hours and days with him at home, not at the hospital. It was an unbelievable experience that I will never, ever forget. I could give birth that way any day.
- In February of 2006, we welcomed our first baby, Evan Wyatt. He is smart-as-a-whip, an intense negotiator (already), imaginative, quick to catch on to anything, an amazing baseball player, organized like his momma, mature for his years, quite the collector, and sensitive to everyone else's feelings.
- I'm the luckiest woman ever, because I got to marry a marvelous man named Ben Collins! He rocks... he loves to fish, hunt, go on bike rides, figure out how to fix things, build bikes from scratch, ski, and do pretty much anything athletic. He also puts up with all of my crazy food experiments and healthy living quests - he is a VERY patient man.
- After suffering from Postpartum Depression and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder after my first birth... I was quite literally forced to do what I've been talking about for years... slow down and take really good care of myself. That's why I've been on sabbatical since January 2009... I've been releasing anything that doesn't "have to" get done, so that I can focus on slowing down.
- Since becoming a mom, I realize what a HUGE impact your child's birth has on you, as a mom and as a woman. I joined a Postpartum Depression Task Force on the North Shore of Boston to try and provide resources for moms who are struggling with the first years of motherhood (and yes, that's almost all of us!).
- I've also started a local chapter of the Holistic Moms Network, as a way to try and meet new moms in the area. We've now got 50+ members, and have amazingly fun meetings each month!
- I grew
up in California (where most of my family lives) but came to the East
Coast for school and have been on this side of the Mississippi ever