Sauces and Dips
These recipes are great paired with pita chips, veggie sticks, cherry tomatoes, whole grain bread, etc.
ARUGULA BEAN DIP
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T. lemon juice
2 cloves halved garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 15 oz. can cannellini beans (drained & rinsed)
1 tomato (seeded and chopped)
2. Add beans and blend until mixture is chunky.
3. Transfer to serving bowl. Mix in chopped tomato.
1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
1/3 cup warm water
1/3 cup olive oil
juice of one lemon
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons cumin
pepper to taste
2. Add the garlic, salt, and cumin.
3. Process again until fully blended.
(From The pH Miracle by Dr. Robert Young)
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp. sea salt
2 cups fresh basil leaves
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup olive oil
1. Combine garlic, salt, and pepper in food processor and chop finely.
2. Add basil leaves and pumpkin seeds. Blend until ground.
3. With motor running, slowly add olive oil until well combined.
(From Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair)
1/4 cup almond butter
2 teaspoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
1-2 teaspoons hot pepper oil
1/3 cup water
1. Put all ingredients in a small pan on low heat.
2. Using whisk, mix ingredients until smooth and warm.
** This can be served over grains, beans, vegetables, or salad.